Queen Lover? /Verve

Let me tell you a little story. Last Friday night I went to a little party in Jersey City and I had noticed this one guy who came in and thought he was very attractive. I was kind of drawn to him for some reason. I mentioned to my friend (the host) that I thought this guy was hot. When he asked me who I told him and he agreed.

Later that night I ran into the guy again and we had a nice conversation with a lot of flirting. I noticed that he came across very shy. He wouldn't hardly look me in the face but I thought it was cute. Then I noticed his ass. OMG! It was a work of art, as if God took six days just to mold that. You already know that I'm an ass man so my infatuation heightened.

Finally he said that he had to go to work in the morning and had to leave. As he was heading out, I told my friend (the host) again that I thought he was the do all, be all of all that is and ever shall be. It was then that he realized who I was talking about. He thought I was talking about another guy. His words were, "Don't you know who that is?". My heart kind of sank. I told him no. He then tells me the name (I won't mention it here for privacy) and it is a VERY well known drag queen in the NYC area. You could have smacked me with a monkey.

I have never really been attracted to very feminine guys, let alone drag queens so this rocked me. But then I thought about it, if my friend hadn't told me, I would have pursued it. Now, if he carried himself, while there, in a way that I was comfortable with and he looked like any other guy that I would have dated, why am I trippin'? Maybe being a drag queen is just "a job". Kind of like someone who puts on a work uniform (McDonald's, UPS, NYPD). Well all of that has me doing some self analyzing; can I really see myself dating a drag queen? If so, would I be embarrassed to tell my friends that I am? Why does that sound so shallow of me?


Don't Forget About Verve

As always, Verve features same-gender-loving artists and supplies a venue for them to showcase their talent. I really hope that people will support this endeavour. I have some vids posted below if you would like to get an idea of the event. Please come out, you won't be disappointed. More info here at the Verve Website

3 comments:

Darius T. Williams December 14, 2008 11:33 AM  

Great post - and really, isn't this the most interesting thing. This is why I really try to put my perceptions to the side when I meet people. I like to get to them at face value and see who they really are.

Unknown December 14, 2008 2:04 PM  

Judging by the description of the ass, I can pretty much ASSume who this was...LOL

E January 07, 2009 6:55 AM  

Wow...that is a pretty interesting situation. It looks like outside of drag, he's a very handsome dude. Maybe it is just a job to him. Either way it sounds like if you pursue anything, you'll have a lot of interesting stories to tell. Maybe you'll run into Big Dee Dee in drag. Tell her hi...:-)

GayByGod.net


Followers