Preguntas?/Gallery Tour

Preguntas
Well, I am almost there guys. My next post will be my 100th. Seems like it took me forever. I guess it doesn't help when I do double/triple posts in one. lol Anyway, I am going to take people's questions and answer them in my next post. So go ahead and post any questions that you have for me here and my next post will answer them, as long as they are in good taste. lol Well, maybe some of those too.

Gallery Tour I also attended another gallery tour in Chelsea and this one was not as exciting until we got to the end. My favorites were, coincidentally, African and African-American.

This African artist used the metal from around liquor bottles and made these pieces. You can see the scale of them by the people standing next to them. There were three huge rooms foold of these pieces. Each one started at $250,000 and the gallery sold out in less than two hours after opening. Viva Africano.


The African-American artist used those posters that you see all around town promoting everyting from movies to new CD's. He would rip some of them down and then past them in this 2D 1/2 pieces. They actually look like maps from a distance but are nothing other than paper that made look that way.

Here are some of the other pieces. Some of these are videos, if blogger will act right for me today.


4 comments:

fuzzy January 31, 2008 7:37 AM  

Congratulations on your 100TH post! I have past a hundred and didn't even know!

Promiscuous X February 01, 2008 4:09 AM  

Hey Ty, I like the photos especially the paddle boats standing up. I wonder how much that went for. Those were some beautiful pieces of art.

Congrats on the almost 100th post. I have a long way to go lol

Hmmmm a question for you? Do I.....
Ill have to think about it an get back to you lol. I know what i wanna ask but i have to put it in the rite context.

WhozHe February 03, 2008 4:38 AM  

So congrats on your 100, looking foward to the next hundred.

That art work was incredible.

Simple question, where's your favorite place to go to have fun?

iii February 03, 2008 1:27 PM  

Nice. I love the African and African American art. Inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

GayByGod.net


Followers